Monday, July 30, 2012

A "HodgePodge" of DIY




Okay,  I was inspired and made several things this week. Since I will be in Vegas next Monday and not posting, I am justifying it. (do I really need to justify being productive though?)

First, I cleaned up two clipboards. One with Modge Podge and one with chalkboard paint that I love so much.
Even the before photo came out ugly. (lol)
Some Modge Podge and cute paper and Viola!
Chalkboard paint (so simple)

Next, I  repurposed coffee cans. My hubby and I are big coffee drinkers. The teacher in me can't throw anything away, so I had  these and thought, "What can I do with them?"
SPRAY PAINT!!!!


The three finished products. Not sure what I am going to do with the polka dot one yet. Btw.. that is duct tape. I LOVE IT and it was so simple.

One of my goals is to use more "positive rewards" for my students. So, I created this Positve Performance Paw reward. Click on the picture to get a FREE copy.
 
When I see students behaving, I will give them a ticket, they write their name on it and put it in my newly decorated coffee can shown above. On Fridays, I plan to pull several names and they will get to choose from my FREE coupon rewards.
Click here to read that post and get those freebies.

Lastly, I made this for make up assignments.

The make-up assignment is not mine. It's from Laura Candler, get it here.
She is A-MA-ZING! Pour some coffee, turn on a good movie for your kids and get lost in her site!

What did you make? 

4 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! And I'm your newest follower.

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I'm with you... I can't throw any containers away :)
    I'm your newest follower.
    *~Sarah~*
    http://shuttersandscribbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I really like the clipboard with the chalkboard paint, never would have thought of it on my own! I nominated you for an award, stop by and check it out :-)

    Jenny
    teacherandamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete