Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tried It Tuesday- Jeopardy Review Game

Our students have semester exams this week. This is not a fun week. I have two days to review the past 16 weeks with  my students. 

They were given a huge review study guide for homework last week. YUCK! 

Enter Cyber Monday and Tuesday. 
Jeopardy Review Game Editable Template
I purchased a Jeopardy Template game from Kendra Passerelli
It's completely editable to meet my needs. 


I took questions from the study guide and edited them for the jeopardy review. 

When you click on the amount, only the question appears. Then you click on the power point and the answer appears. The main menu of course takes you back to money screen. 

We played it yesterday. It was fun! 

I started the day off not so structured. I learned my lesson. By the end of the day, I had made this: 

I made small groups, gave each group a white board and a marker. Then, by the afternoon classes, EVERY CHILD had a white board and marker. Students had to have their study guide out. They could find the question when it appeared on the screen, they had to show ALL the work before answering. All students in the group had to have the correct answer with their work shown to get the points for their team. 

I think they enjoyed it. Because I slowed the game way down with them having to justify their work, we are playing again today. 

I am hoping it pays off when they take their test this week.  Honestly, they are so hyped up, it is too crazy for my liking, but I know it is better than boring worksheet review. I can hear some good "Math talk" going on while they work. 

Be sure link up with Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday. 








Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. I am sticking this in on my wish list to come back to before state testing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Semester exams the week before Christmas?!? Gak! Isn't it funny how the same lesson gets tweaked as the day progresses the more you teach it? I love that about departmentalizing! Thanks for linking up and I bet you had nothing to worry about with the test. :)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how you do a reboot. After Kratos lost his way, Sony Santa Monica has set the God of War on a new path. A more measure, nuanced character, a great supporting cast, an excellent combat system, and some of the best graphics in the PlayStation 4 game to-date add up to a winner.
    See more review: Jurassic World Evolution
    Smoke and Sacrifice
    Moonlighter

    ReplyDelete