Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sparking Motivation-Ipads

It has been a while, but I am linking up again with Joann over at Head Over Heels for Teaching to share some motivation. 


This year we have gone 1:1 with Ipads. It is a HUGE initiative for our middle school and WOWIE WOW WOW!!! 

Our technology people are probably the most exhausted people in our district right now and let me say, I am pretty freaking exhausted, so I can't begin to explain how tired they must be!!! 

I won't get into all the logistical stuff, just the fun stuff!!! 

Kids are NEVER idle anymore!!! There is NEVER just down time. We actually have to remind them to eat lunch. They LOVE their Ipads. They LOVE taking selfies and group photos. Yes, we are in the honeymoon stage, I know. 

But, we will take it!!!! 

This was our cafeteria last week after they received their Ipads. 






Right now, we are doing a lot of downloading and organizing. The main reason we have the Ipads is because we received new textbooks and they are ebooks. I spent most of one class period for each class showing them how to download their book. These are the growing pains we are having right now, but in the big picture, it will be worth it. 

Do I think the novelty will die off, probably. And I hope it does. We are using these for instructional purposes and we as the teachers utilize them correctly, this initiative will be successful. 

Hope you are having a great weekend and you can check out all the great links for motivation. 

Don't forget to check out the Mega Middle School Bundle that is on sale for the next week. It's a steal with 16 GREAT downloads ready to use and MOTIVATE YOUR STUDENTS!!!! 





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment