Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Made It- July 27th

Seriously, Monday Made It's keep me productive! It also makes me add to my already long list of things to do, but I LOVE it!!! 


I took a few days off from doing anything teaching related this week. It was weird because in my mind the whole time I kept thinking of things I needed to  get done. I know its important though, and it was also worth it. 

Here's what I did get completed: 

I made a watermark for my pictures! I am excited. The older I get the more I feel technologically challenged. But, I watched a video from I Teach, What's Your Superpower and it's done! 

I also installed the app EZ watermark so I can use it on Instagram as well.  Yahoo, I feel so productive!  


Last Week I shared about  my Differentiation Cubes for Place Value. 
This week I made more. I made a set for Addition with Regrouping and Multiplication Fact Practice. I am almost done with the subtraction set, but remember those days off? yep, those are unfinished because of that. Fingers crossed those get done today or tomorrow. 


 Since making these, I added the word "solve" to #1 on all the cubes. 


Early this week, I posted about Power Towers on Instagram. 
 I actually made these a few years ago and posted about that here. 
I pretty much made the same thing,except now that I am moving to 3rd grade, I made more. 


Power towers are cups with facts on them that students can practice and then build a tower with them. I used Pringle cans to store the sups in. 30-40 fit perfectly! I just used Modge Podge to glue the paper on and for the label. It was super easy with scrap booking paper. 

The facts are written on the top. I make my students say the fact and the answer. 
So they must say, "3 times 8 equals 24", not just 24. 
For my 3rd graders I am adding a multiplication chart inside the can. 
This way they can check their answers if they are struggling. 

You can also watch a video about these from Teacher Tipster about Power Towers. 
They can be used for multiple skills. 

Be sure to check out more over at 4th Grade Frolics with Tara. I guarantee you will get inspired! 




Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the watermark! That's awesome! That EZ Watermark app is the best. Your Power Towers came out great!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like great ideas! I've passed the link for your blog onto one of my coworkers that teaches math - I know she'll love it!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done power towers before in my RTI groups. The kids LOVE them!

    Mrs. Crouse's Teaching Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have on my list to make Power Towers and I never get to it. Yours are so bright and cheery looking. I guess I need to go buy some Pringles and eat them....such torture! I'm super duper proud of you for making a watermark! You ROCK!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I am an intervention teacher and so really work with kids on their facts. The power towers are a good way to do it!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
  6. My students always love using Power Towers. I love the fun colors on yours. Thank you for sharing all of your made its!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete