Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tried it Tuesday- Remind 101

Fourth Grade Flipper has a great link party.
Try something and share how it goes. It's that simple!

Recently, I tried Remind 101. It's a FREE texting service that I can have my students sign up for and text them reminders regarding my class. It's a safe way for teachers to stay in touch with parents!!!


I teach 100+ students. I tried making a mass email list, but it was too many.

I send notes, in middle school though, they do not make it home.

I also have a web site. I keep up with it weekly and I know I have parents who visit it regularly, so this works.

But for reminders about tests, projects, homework,  holidays, etc.  Remind 101 is PERFECT!

I signed up, they gave me a texting number and directions. I printed a directions sheet Remind 101 provided. I also attached the directions on my website.

Students and or parents sign up and I text them through Remind 101 when I want. I can even schedule a text to be sent out at a later date and time than I wrote it.

It is AWESOME!!! Mostly I love that I wasn't responsible for signing everyone up!

I like that my students can sign up to receive my texts as well.
Several of my teachers use this feature and the feedback is awesome.

Click for a FREE account!

Happy Texting!
(but, not while driving!)

7 comments:

  1. I've heard of Remind101. I was always too hesitant to try it out! I'm going to add this idea to my back to school file and send home all the information in September.

    Thanks for reassuring me :)

    --jen
    teaching,life,and everything in between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to start from the beginning of the year! It's pretty cool!

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  2. I've heard of Remind101, but have never tried it myself. Thanks for sharing. I will have to give it a try.

    Katrina
    Teacher of Scholars

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this but it is a great idea! So many people communicate through texts that it would be so helpful to get notes out to parents this way. I bet a lot of parents love it! Thank you so much for linking up:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm Christine and I run the Marketing for Remind101.

    Wow. Thank you so much for such a wonderful post Elizabeth!! We're so flattered. You described our product beautifully and I'm so happy you're trying it out.

    If anyone ever wants to chat - we're always around, and thrilled, to answer questions, help get you started, or listen to feedback! (We LOVE feedback!)

    Just reach out to contact@remind101.com :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a high school teacher, so sending notes home is just not an option if I want parents to actually see them. And in my district, a lot of our parents do not have reliable internet for email reminders... I'm going to give the text idea a shot this year!

    ReplyDelete