Friday, August 3, 2012

Fractions & Favorite Back to School Activity

To avoid two posts in one day, I am combining Friday Freebie and My Favorite Back to School Activity


Fun in First is having a link party for your Favorite Back to School Activity.



Mine is a revamped one I did last year. I can't wait to do the "upgraded" version with my students.

Math About Me Silhouette
I want my students to represent numbers in various ways. We include equations, numbers words, fractions, decimals, etc...

I share mine with the students so they can learn personal facts about me and they will create one as well so I can learn about them. This year I plan to create a bulletin board outside my classroom with them.


                                                     

I am working on our math centers and updating some things we did last year. Here's one set for Adding and Subtracting Fractions with like and unlike denominators.




Hope this is useful to you!

Happy Friday everyone!
 I am off to Las Vegas until next Wednesday, so see ya next week!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the freebie! We started planning today and I will definitely use this when we get to fractions :)

    How do you do the silhouette? Just a random background or real picture?

    ReplyDelete