Monday, August 27, 2012

Team Gifts + One- Monday Made It

Today is the first day of school. I am ready! Of course I have a long list of things to do, but I am ready.

And, I have a Monday Made it! Feeling very proud of myself today.


As new Math department head, one of my challenges this year to build unity among our team. We are 6th-8th grade teachers, 10 of us, 9 women, 1 man. Five are new to our school, three are brand new teachers.

I want to start out on the right foot this year.

So I made these to give each member for the first day of school.


I save every jar imaginable much to husbands dismay. It was handy when coming up with TEN things to put candy in. I got the sign from here, add twine & candy and another item checked off my "to-do" list.

+ One:
I saw these cute things from 4th Grade Frolics and made one for my sons new 1st grade teacher. The print outs are from 1st Grade with Miss Snowden.



And now, I am off to meet 100+ 6th graders. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful first day... I like the play on "star" bursts!
    - Michele
    Multiage Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colleague you are! I love the teacher box too! Have a great first day. I love teaching sixth grade math!
    Michele
    coffeecupsandlessonplans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teacher box! And your fellow teachers must have really liked the star jars!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great box and the jars are precious :) I'm a new follower- stop by sometime!!

    Kimberly

    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great fellow teacher ideas! I definitely want to pin this.

    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these gifts are so thoughtful! These are great ideas. I'd also like to invite you to my new linky called "Fun Friday". It is all about the fun things we do in our classrooms. I'd love for you to stop by and link up (even if it is not on Friday).

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete