Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Math Notebooks- Redeaux

After posting all about my math notebooks, I found some amazing bloggers who are way beyond me in this field.

At first I felt like I was doing it all wrong and just needed to scrap the whole thing.

Then, I took a deep breath.What I did last year, worked. It was good for my students,  I know that.
I am not scrapping everything, but I am revamping and adding.

Left Side/Right Side
Megan Hayes-Golding has so much to say about this and it is awesome.

The left side of the notebook will be used for student output. The right side of the notebook will be used for teacher input. When I give notes, foldables, etc...

Which leads me to the new table of contents.


Get a copy here. This picture stinks, but you can still get the point.

I have decided to keep my beginning resources the same, I know my students need these.

I also found Middle School Math is Awesome and this chick is passionate. I love it! You have to read her stuff about Interactive Notebooks, it is mind blowing (in a good way).

I was also led me to an actual planning page and I love love love it. I am the kind of person that needs to be thoroughly planned out and even have it drawn out. Just who I am!

Get planning pages here. I am already using it and LOVE it! Thanks to Sarah at Math = Love.

Math Notebooks have so much potential. They help make math fun and my middle school don't think it is, so I am thrilled at the possibilities!

Remember I am also adding all the math notebook posts and collections on a page at the top for easy access.

1 comment:

  1. After seeing your "Put A Lid On It" game, I had a twist that came to me in a sports theme and because you inspired me, I want to share it with you. I would love to send you the email PDF for you to use in your classroom centers as well.

    http://liveteachcreate.com

    ReplyDelete