Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Liebster Award X 3

I am so behind in the world of blogging! I love vacation, but being gone a week has me very discombobulated!!! 

Right before I left and while I was gone, I was nominated for the Liebster award THREE times. I truly appreciate this award. I received it last summer too and was thrilled. 
Picture

The rules of the award: 

1. Link back to the blog(s) that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted by my nominator
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees
5. Share 11 random facts about yourself
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them

I loved reading about those who nominated me and even though I am late I want to honor the award and answer their questions. 

First 11 random facts about me: 
1. I watch more Sportscenter than the average man. Not athletic in the least though. 
2. I have a love/hate relationship with running 
3. I love pink in a house full of boys 
4. I am starting my 20th year of teaching. (I started at age 10 of course!) 
5. I failed math in 8th grade, but teach  middle school math now! (no, I don't share that info with my students) 
6. I am married to an OCD hoarder. That's an organized pack rat!!! 
7. I am obsessed with Candy Crush. 
8. Washing dishes is my least favorite chore
9. I love Fantasy Football 
10. I absolutely love sleep, anywhere, anytime. 
11. I read books ridiculously fast, which sometimes takes the enjoyment out of reading. 

Since I was nominated three times I just randomly answered some of each of their questions. Not particular reason, guess these were easy for me to answer. 

ENJOY! 

2. If you had to work on only one project for the next year, what would it be? Basic math training for middle school math parents 

3. Have you ever been mentioned in a newspaper? yes, for teaching kindergarten at the school where I actually went to kindergarten

4. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life? Shots (LMFAO- hey, don't judge), I Will Survive (too cliche'?), Crazy (Gnarles Barkley), Part of Me (Katy Perry), Livin' on a Prayer (HA!) 

8. What made you laugh the hardest in your entire life? my kids! 

10. What was your favorite Halloween costume and why? My husband and I went as a pregnant nun and priest when I was 9 months pregnant. Why? Cuz that is funny! And people had the nerve to ask me if I was really pregnant. Seriously, I couldn't have made that up, I was HUGE!!!!

11. If you could have dinner with any three people from any time, fictional or non-fictional, who would they be and why? Christian Grey (again, don't judge!), Mark Wahlberg, Faith Hill 

1. When did you know that you wanted to become a teacher? I took a semester off from college early on, and substitute taught. I loved it, so I went back and changed my major from "general studies" to education.  

3. What is your favorite "teacher" item? my laminator

4. Do you have a classroom theme? If so, what is it? polka dots

5. What are three things you always must have in your teacher bag? papers to grade, markers, paper clips 

8. What is your best organizational tip for teachers? put stuff away immediately, don't make piles "touch everything just once"

10. What is your favorite memory from the last school year? a candy gram from a student for teacher appreciation 

1. What subjects have you taught? Kinder, 1st, 2nd-5th Math, 6th Math 

3. Where are you in Common Core implementation (if it effects you)? in Texas, we do our own thing.... 

7.  How would your students describe you? strict, mean, nice, crazy, loud (whole gamete)

9. Why do you blog? to keep me from being an alcoholic. seriously, it keeps me motivated 

10. What lesson/topic do you look forward to every year? circles!!!

11. What lesson/topic do you dread every year? algebraic expressions... its new... its hard for kids....

My nominees are

My 11 questions: 
1. Why do you blog? 
2. Do you have a TpT/TN store? If so, which did you do first, blog or store?
3. How long have you been teaching?
4. What songs would be on the soundtrack of your life? (Stole this from Divide and Conquer, but I love it!) 
5. Do you have a favorite teacher from your days in school? 
6. How would you describe the morale at your school? 
7. Favorite decade? (80's, 90's etc...)
8. Do you speak a second or third language? Which one? 
9. Favorite sport? Favorite team? 
10. Ever said "never" and then had to eat your words. (Ex: I will never teach middle school. HA! I am there!) 
11. Dog or cat lover? 

I know this was a long post. Thanks for hanging in there! 






Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I'm dying over here. A nun, a Priest, and Bon Jovi...It sounds like the beginning of a great joke! Oh...and Marky Mark.

    You are my new favorite blogger!
    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love it!!! Mark Wahlberg was here in June filming Transformers 4... it was A-MA-ZING!!!!

      :)

      Elizabeth

      Delete