Saturday, June 27, 2015

CAMT 2015

CAMT 2015 is complete and it was F-U-N! 

Last year I went as a participate. This year was completely different. I presented and I was part of an exhibitor booth with 4mula Fun. 

It was quite the adventure. 

My family helped me set up the night before: 

When I got there I saw this super cute poster Jennifer had made about our sessions.


Ready for the next day. 



 After getting back to our hotel, I got giddy over my name tag and 
seeing my name in the conference book. 



Wednesday morning, I was both nervous and excited AND EARLY! I had to make sure everything worked and was ready! 

At 9:00am, I was set up and ready. My session started at 10am. There were about 5 people in the room. I thanked them for coming and went to get coffee. I waited in a line for about 20 minutes and returned to my session. The room was full! We still had 40 minutes until it was supposed to start! 
This was at 9:30!!!!! 

The session went GREAT and I was so glad people were interested. Seriously, everyone was so super nice! 

I headed to the booth and met more amazing people! My next session was at 1:00pm. I headed over there about 12:15ish. What I experienced was mind blowing. I couldn't get through one of the double doors because of so many people. I thought, oh great, what is going on? I walked through another set of doors and went close to my door. A CAMT volunteer said, "Are you the presenter?" I said "Yes." She said, "Uh, all these people are waiting for you!" 


Seriously, these people had started lining up before noon. Do you see the woman eating standing up? Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so appreciated. 
The room only fit 50 people, so many had to be turned away. I still feel guilty about that. Thankfully, I was able to meet many of those people at the booth. 

Both sessions were awesome and everyone was receptive and super nice. 


Now, for the exhibit. 
I was also not ready for what would happen there. 

Teachers are hungry, hungry for great products that make their lives easier and that engage their students. I was selling some of my task cards on a CD and had only made 25 for the first day. I sold out and had to take orders! That night after dinner and pool time with my family, I burned a lot more to sell the next two days. 

Beginning of Day 2 
I wasn't nearly as early this day, or the last day either. 

Then, the coolest thing happened. I met Elizabeth Hodges!!!! 
We thought it crazy and cool that we had the same name. Then we found out we had the same middle name too! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Right? 
We spell it differently though. Whew! That would have been downright spooky! 

 Elizabeth Anne Hodges meet Elizabeth Ann Hodges 

And this is what our booth looked like almost all of the time. 
It was insane and fun all at the same time,. 

We also played Cornhole the first two days. It was so crazy. We didn't get to play as much as we wanted. It was fun though. 




Day 3 was shorter, but just as busy and fun. 
We met so many wonderful people and talked with as many as we could. 

Got to see our friend Danielle from Live. Love. Math
Love this new mommy to be!

And on the way home, these lucky boys got to take a nap. 
Me, not so much. My job was to keep my husband awake even though I was wiped out! 


Had a great time and looking forward to #CAMT2016 in San Antonio. 






Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and rewarding experience! Glad you had such good crowds!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a blast!

    Yeah my friend wanted to make it to your session but it was FULL! Glad that happened though, that means good things :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is that?! It must have felt so awesome to have so many wonderful teachers excited to come, meet, and learn from you! I bet your sessions were amazing! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    -Ha :)
    Happy Days in First Grade

    ReplyDelete