Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Made It- June 15th


It's Monday again, time to show what I have been doing this week.


Along with starting summer school, I have been BUSY! 


First, I made some new friends at an Austin TpT Seller meet up. So fun! 



I decided on my color theme for this next school year. I am doing "bright"/"neon" with black. 
 So, I started prepping right away.


Made my white boards. LOVE how they turned out. 

Last summer, I actually started these:
I even posted about it and played a "guess what game" with my followers.
HA! I never even touched them.

Now though, they are done! 
Mini Erasers!!!

My husband cut them last summer from extra wood he had lying around our garage. 
I painted them black, used duct tape to match my boards and glued some bright colored felt on them. Viola! Completed project! 

My own son will be a 4th  grader in August and he has confiscated a set, so I know my new 3rd graders will like them. Whew! 

I have been working on another HUGE project, but it's not quite ready. So, I will save it for next week. My "to-do" list is already written down and I have actually been able to check some things off. It's going to be a productive week!

So until next week. 
Check out all the Monday Made It's over at 4th Grade Frolics





Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. You got a LOT done! It will be fun to see what else you create for your new theme this year. I have to do something different for erasers this year...hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an ambitious start to your summer! I love your theme colors. I think colors are so much more versatile than something more specific like Hollywood or monkeys or whatever.
    Have a great week!
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I want simple and clean and I don't want to start over every year,

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  3. Great job on your whiteboards! I did mine last year and they lasted pretty good. I know your kids are going to LOVE them! Your color choice is so pretty. I wish I was brave enough to change mine!
    Have a HAPPY summer!
    Karen
    Planet Happy Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think THIS will be the summer that I make new white boards. You can only clean them up so many times. I am in LOVE with that duct tape! Yowza! Love those little eraser, too. So clever!! Thanks for sharing that sometimes our bright ideas get left undone for a bit. That's the real world of a teacher! I"m definitely making a trip to Lowe's this week!
    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea, its sometimes embarrassing to admit, but seriously, Life happens!

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  5. Your boards and erasers look great. I love the colored felt.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where or where did you get the duct tape?!?! I need some S.T.A.T.!! My white boards are in desperate need of a makeover and I am using what I like to refer to as "the colors of the rainbow." That tape would be perfect. :)
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine at Wal-Mart! I love it!!!

      Elizabeth

      Delete
    2. I just added a trip to Wal-Mart to my "Must Do" list! Thanks so much!!
      Tonya
      Storybook Endings in Second

      Delete
  7. The whiteboards and erasers that you made are amazing. Did you make the whiteboards out of tile board from Home Depot? What size did you cut them? Do you replace them every year? I made some large group whiteboards from tile board four years ago and they are ready to be tossed. They have been a wonderful instructional/learning tool in the classroom and well worth the time and effort to replace. I used colorful electrical tape around the edges--the thicker duct tape looks great and probably easier to put on. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it is just shower board. They are 12 x 12. These are not new. This is my first time to put tape on them though. They are at least 3-4 years old I think.

      Elizabeth

      Delete
  8. I love the little erasers! I use felt pieces on my white boards, but I think this would be a little more durable and less likely to be lost. Thanks for the idea!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heeeeeeey! That duct tape is super festive! I guess I need to break down and cover my white board edges. Maybe I can talk Jerm into making me some erasers too! Your Austin meet-up looked fun. Florida did a Central Florida one last summer, but I wasn't able to go. :(
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for little erasers! Using white boards in Kinder is a source of stress for me because I don't have enough erasers to go around. I love the idea of having tiny erasers that fit right in their little hands! This looks like a project I need to make happen before the school year starts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new color scheme! The whiteboards and erasers turned out great! It's definitely time for me to replace my dry erase boards. Thank you for the idea of jazzing them up with duct tape!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete