Monday, June 30, 2014

I finally made a decision


This is my first summer blog post. Seriously?! That is crazy! It's almost July and I am just starting my summer blogging. 

It has been a tough summer, career wise. 

Long story short (hopefully), I was scheduled to move to 7th grade advanced math, but my heart wasn't in it.  I love love love my students and want to move with them, but not teach the content. 

I applied for some other positions and was the first loser for both. That's what my husband calls coming in 2nd place. I was bummed, but whatever, it is what it is. 

Finally, after a good talk with my current principal, I am going to stay where I have been, 
6th grade Advanced math. 

Finally, I feel like I can "get excited" about the upcoming school year. 

Finally, I can start "planning and preparing" for what is ahead. 

And finally, I can get motivated to blog about school again!!! 

What's coming up: 

I reached 400 followers and my blogiversary is coming up which of course means, 
A GIVEAWAY!!!
I have some exciting news coming up soon about that. STAY TUNED!!! 

I also want to share how my interactive notebooks turned out this year. 

Our school is becoming a 1:1 ipad school. I have been to training and there are going to be some big changes with that as well. I am so excited about the possibilities and what we are going to be able to do with our students this next year. 

Plus in July I get to attend CAMT. It's a HUGE Math conference and I am thrilled to be attending. 

Looking forward to a great month, hope you will stick around to read all about it! 






Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. I understand how hard it is to blog about school when you are uncertain of what the future holds for you. I'm glad that you have direction and a job for the fall. I was uncertain of my future the entire month of may and didn't know where I was going or what I was going to teach in the fall. When I finally figured it out I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders! I'm moving schools but get to stay in the same grade level, 4th Grade! Yay! Hope you enjoy your summer!

    Susan
    PassioninPortableland

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that things are a bit more settled for you! I wondered where you had been. Congrats on reaching 400 followers; that goal just seems to allude me... sigh! I'll be very happy to help with your giveaway if you need any items to share!

    Happy Fourth!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, sounds like an awesome outcome!! So happy that you have peace about your decision!!
    Huge congratulations on reaching 400 followers! I'd be more than happy to help out with any giveaways you had planned :)
    Erin
    Learning to be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy that you finally know where you are going to be. I know how hard it is being put in a situation that you necessary do not want to be in, I was there last year! Our school is also going 1:1 with ipads for that first time next year. I look forward to seeing what great stuff you find!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be at CAMT, too and I am so pumped! Glad you get to stay where you want to stay. I volunteered to move back down to 6th/7th grade next year after several people left for various reasons. I am not stoked about it, but I am the only one left who had 6th grade experience so it was logical. Maybe we can collaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAAAAY! I'm glad you will get to stay in 6th Math. I can't wait to see what you do with the ipads. Congrats on your 400 followers. Let me know what I can do to help! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Leanrnin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for you that you'll get to do what you ADORE :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete