Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sparking Motivation- Attendance Challenge

Here in Texas we are swimming, literally, swimming to the end of the year. 
Serious flooding all around us. We actually missed a day today due to the flooding and start late tomorrow. Seriously. this is crazy. 
We only have 8 days left of school. I don't want to miss days or have late ones, let's get this going! 

Since I had some time today, I remembered I started this post last week to share with you about motivating kids to get to school!!! 

As we near the end of the school year, getting our students to want to come to school is really hard. 

So, I created a challenge for each of my classes. If they reach it, they will get a prize of their choice. If each person in the class period is present, we add a letter. Once the class period spells "Come 2 School", They get a prize of their choice. (within reason of course)

Most students want a free day to go outside for the class period. If the weather will start cooperating, it will be a nice break.  



Currently, I have 2 classes who have reached their goal and we are planning a free day with ice cream and outside fun!!!! 

It has been fun and something to look forward to at the end of the year! 


Be sure to check out other motivation tips at Head Over Heels for Teaching





Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What does the class have to do to earn a letter? All be present for the day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sorry I didn't make that clear. Water logged here!

      Elizabeth

      Delete