Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Classroom Clocks

Today, I am linking with Anglea over at The Teacher's Desk 6 for Throwback Thursday! 

I am going way back, almost 2 years, to my 5th post ever.

I haven't participated in a Made for Monday yet this summer. What is wrong with me? Anyway, this was my first for that as well.

Two years later, I still love my clock and have seen others that I would love to include in my classroom.

Originally posted July 23, 2012

I have waited all week for this link party with 4th Grade Frolic! So excited...

I saw these clocks on Pinterest in May.
http://homedelicious.blogspot.com/2011/05/teachers-end-of-year-gift-personalized.html

So, I made these for presents at the end of the school year.


Then, I saw this clock at Target. Perfect for my middle school math classroom.



It wasn't crazy $$, I think $24.99, but I just knew I could make it for less.

So, I did!



The clock cost me $3.97. I had the chalkboard paint (this cost $7.99, but I use it for lots of projects!) and chalk (bought mine for $1) from another DIY project and we always have batteries around here with four boys and their toys.

Take the clock apart carefully. Spray paint it with chalkboard paint. I followed he wait time on the can, 24 hours.
Write numbers and or equations for the numbers. Since my clock was smaller, I had to adjust my numbers. I still love it though!

I heart chalkboard paint very much! 

And now, I have a great MATH clock for my classroom this year. The glare made it hard to take a picture, sorry.

The cost was $13 if I never use the chalkboard paint again. Oh wait, too late, I already have... maybe I can share that on another Monday Made  it day!








Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Love all the clocks! I have a digital clock in my classroom but my 2 year old LOVES clocks. I can't find him a clock to match his room. Now I am inspired to make a clock for him. Thanks for sharing.
    pocketofpreschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have digital as well, but I cover it up and make my students use the analog clock. (I have one with numbers too). I just feel like reading a clock is a skill they need in life, even though everything is digital.

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. How cute and CLEVER! I've never used chalkboard paint before but have seen such awesome projects on the blogs and Pinterest with it. I can feel a shopping trip coming up. Thanks for linking up for TBT! Have a great day!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't thought of redesigning a clock like that - great idea!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the clocks! I had my (4) students in 8th grade math create these for a performance assessment a few years ago and it turned out great! They were really proud of their work, and got to take it home and share with their families (I found clocks for sale at the dollar store for $2 each).

    Stephanie
    Technology Timeout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! And really practical too...I have never yet worked in school where all the school clocks actually keep the correct time. lol Teaching Science With Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete