Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY Classroom clock

I have waited all week for this link party with 4th Grade Frolic! So excited...

I saw these clocks on Pinterest in May.
http://homedelicious.blogspot.com/2011/05/teachers-end-of-year-gift-personalized.html

So, I made these for presents at the end of the school year.


Then, I saw this clock at Target. Perfect for my middle school math classroom.



It wasn't crazy $$, I think $20-$25, but I just knew I could make it for less.

So, I did!



The clock cost me $3.97. I had the chalkboard paint (this cost $7.99, but I use it for lots of projects!) and chalk (bought mine for $1) from another DIY project and we always have batteries around here with four boys and their toys.

Take the clock apart carefully. Spray paint it with chalkboard paint. I followed he wait time on the can, 24 hours.
Write numbers and or equations for the numbers. Since my clock was smaller, I had to adjust my numbers. I still love it though!

I heart chalkboard paint very much! 

And now, I have a great MATH clock for my classroom this year. The glare made it hard to take a picture, sorry.

The cost was $13 if I never use the chalkboard paint again. Oh wait, too late, I already have... maybe I can share that on another Monday Made  it day!



8 comments:

  1. That remake of the target clock was spot on!
    Thanks for sharing.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your clock! I am super excited to be your first follower. Best wishes on your new blog.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my first follower! I am excited!!!

      Delete
  3. Your clock turned out great. I love when I can recreate something for much cheaper - I showcased one several weeks back.

    I'm follower number 2 :-)

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you remaking something sooo cool! It came out awesome! I really want to try chalkboard paint out! Just don't know what I would make.

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clocks! I want to try to make one myself! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete