Friday, March 8, 2013

Five for Friday- My First

I already posted for Friday Freebies here.

But I have been wanting to join this link party too.

Five for Friday with Doodlebugs.

fiveforfriday

Here's my 5.

# 1
We had benchmark testing this week. I was SUPER nervous. I knew my kids would improve because the first benchmark was really awful.
They still have a LONG way to go, but my personal scores went up 17% and our grade level went up 16%. That is definitely worth sharing!

#2
More from our conversions project. Can you believe this cake, I mean cupcakes? It was amazing. I hated to have her serve it. (I am working on posting this project, but I didn't create it, so I am getting permission)



#3

We use a program called Think Through Math. Have you heard of it? We require our students to complete 90 minutes a week for a grade. Well, today we found out that our school, is #4 in the WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS in lessons completed. As a department we are totally stoked. There is more to come about this. We gave our students a Spring Break challenge, because of course, we want to be first. And, we found out out that TTM wants to interview us for a success story!

#4
Foldables

This week I made two foldables.
One about graphs. I was inspired by Live Teach Create and made this one on graphs.
Another one for elapsed time. I liked the foldable, but I haven't figured out how to share it yet. I need to sit down and "clean it up" before posting.


#5


Spring Break Of course!
I wish it was a week later, but of course, I am stoked to just relax. We have no plans this week, but I am looking forward to just being home and not being on a schedule or worrying about the state test that is looming over us.

This was a fun way to reflect on my week. here's to a relaxing week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment