Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday Made It - July 20th

It's Monday again, time to link up with Tara for Monday Made It. I'm a little later today, but I have some things to share with you. 



Printed more from my Monica McGown set to get ready for setting  my room up! 



Super excited that I found these from Primary Graffiti
And they are FREE!
There are several versions for grades K-3 and they are available in black and white
I don't plan to use these as name plates though. 
I plan to have these as a resource in a math toolkit. 


Made more math centers! 
These came from Mrs. 3rd Grade. I met her during the TpT Seller Challenge, Be sure to check her products out, they are GREAT quality! 




At CAMT (Texas Math Convention) this summer, I had someone ask me if I could create something with the same problem, but different level of questioning. If I had been smart, I would have written her name down, because I want her to check these out, 

I have created differentiation cubes. 
Each side of the cube has a different type of question using the same numbers. 
There are 10 different cubes. 





In the pictures above, the left side pictures are the same cube. They ask questions with the same numbers. The right side shows another cube with three different types of questions. 

Each cube is labeled with a letter for organization purposes. The recording sheet matches. 
I varied up what place a number is rounded to, finding greater than or less than, drawing or building the numbers, expanded notation or standard form, etc. Side number 6 is the hardest and is modeled after a "STAAR type" (Texas state testing) question. 

I love how these have turned out. I shared with a small group on FB that I am a part of and loved the feedback I received. The idea is to build rigor with the students, but include practice of a skill. Asking the same question, different ways to prepare students and add depth to their content knowledge. I am super excited for the potential these will provide. I am already planning the next set. 

I would love to hear what you think and if you think this is something you could and/or would use in your classroom. 

The place value set is available here

Here's to another week of creating! 



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment: