Friday, January 24, 2014

Five for Friday- January 24th

We are home today with the ice. YUCK! I was really hoping for a late start, not a whole day! Oh well. I mine as well make it productive! 

 Last week, I shared my integer flippable. Jennifer from 4mula Fun shared it on Facebook and people are interested in it. So, I added it to my TpT store. 


We only had school three days this week. I was only there 1 full day and 2 half days. What a week! 
My 8 year old got his cast removed one day. YEA! Two shoes again! 

He also has an ear disease and we saw a new doctor this week. The news was not good. He will have to endure another surgery. Plus, it was determined that he has no hearing in his left ear. We knew this, but his audiogram proved it. I know this could be worse, I just need to put it out there. It's hard to be the parent of a young child who has to endure stuff like this. It isn't fair, but it is what it is. I am so proud of him and he handles things. We are running a marathon, I just have to remember to keep a good pace. 

In the short time I was at school, we did A LOT! 
 Algebraic Expressions 
We made two new folded notes this week.




My students played the Algebraic Expressions Match I made for this unit. 

I am determined for this to be a fun unit. It has not been a great unit for me to teach. 
This year is going to be different. 
Students playing concentration with the cards. 

Students playing the board game. I loved how much they actually liked it.
The students also completed the matching worksheet that goes along with this game. 


Off to make the rest of my Friday off productive! Be sure to link up with Doodle Bugs for 5 for Friday, always a fun linky party! 








Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. First of all, loved the foldable! And I wish I the perfect words to say, but I so do not. Tough news to actually have verified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check out LIFTPackages.blogspot.com. It is a teacher exchange program in which you meet teachers and send packages. Please feel free to sign up and pass our name along!

    Thanks
    -LIFTPackages

    ReplyDelete