Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday Student Motivation- Smarty Pants Update

I originally wrote about my "Smarty Pants Club" here in September. It was an idea I got from our wonderful hostess, Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching
When students make a 100 on their common assessment, a.k.a. Unit Tests, they sign a sheet and get candy. (not necessarily Smarties, but candy. I hang it up on my "Smarty Pants" Wall. 

This is how the board began. 

This is the board now. 


This past test (the orange ones), I had a few students who I know, NEVER thought they would get their name on that wall. I wish I could have taken a picture of their shock. It was priceless. They were so proud!

I had fallen behind on the  board and passing out the tickets and candy. Now,I am finally organized and stocked up on candy and I passed them out the very next day. That made a HUGE impact as well!  


It's working!!! It's working!!! 


Don't forget about the huge giveaway going on with Miss Lifesaver and Middle School OCD
Everyone wins!!! 





Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I can see where students would be motivated by being publicly recognized. (Plus, candy always helps!) Thank you for sharing this.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I have these cards somewhere but haven't used them yet.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that idea! I give them table points with their 100% tests! but that is forgotten in a few days. A board is up for all to see! Totally stealing it:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference in the two boards! That's evidence of good teaching and motivated students! Awesome Elizabeth! I'm so glad you liked the idea and so glad it's working! :) Thanks for sharing and linking up friend!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! Look at all those Smarty Pants cards up there! Awesome!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete