Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tried it Tuesday- Fun Facts

Not the normal Tuesday Tried it for me, but I have to share this! Plus, today is my Monday because I was at a training yesterday, and it definietly feels like a Monday. Here's a good chuckle for you!


The Science teachers across the hall from me "tried" this with her students. Since we teach the same kids, I didn't do it. I did peek in and watch as they read them. Seriously, HILARIOUS!!! 

This was on her white board for their warm up:


1. You can't wash your eyes with soap.
2. You can't count your hair.
3. You can't breathe through your nose with your tongue out.
4. You just tried number 3.
6. When you did number 3, you realized it's possible, only you look like a dog.
7. You're smiling right now, because you were fooled.
8. You skipped number 5.
9. You just checked to see if there is a number 5
10. Smile, STAAR testing is over!!

How can you not smile after that? I admit, I had my tongue out and I was laughing at the end. A much needed break the day after the state test!

Maybe you could try it with your students!


3 comments:

  1. Well played.
    It reminds me of the tests you give kids where the first questions is "Read All Directions" and each question after that get goofier and goofier until they reach the final one that reads "don't any any of the above."

    Thank goodness for testing be done.
    :)

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. My kiddos would get the biggest kick out of this.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!! I have to try this with my students:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper
    P.S.
    I do class dojo with two different classes. I think you can add as many different "classes" as you want. You just start that class to add or take away points.

    ReplyDelete